- Ohio Labor Market Info
- Ohio Unemployment Data
- Federal Form 1-9
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Summit County Workforce Development
- Summit and Medina Workforce Area Council of Governments (SAMWA COG)
- Ohio Mean Jobs – On the Job Training
- Ohio Labor Market Information
- Ohio Means Jobs – Area 2
- Akron Urban League Workforce Development
- Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Directory
Employers for Health Consortium – CDC Worksite Health Scorecard
This consortium is focused on improving workplace wellness in Summit County by educating businesses on various workplace wellness strategies and encouraging the use of the CDC Worksite Health ScoreCard. The Cuyahoga Falls Chamber believes a healthy workplace environment is important for the well-being of the region’s workforce and is an economic development asset.
- This free online tool designed by the CDC helps employers assess whether they have implemented adequate science-based healthy worksite strategies to prevent serious health issues and reduce absenteeism, downtime, unproductivity, and insurance costs.
- Aside from the individual health benefits of employees, fostering a healthier workplace environment can make Summit County more appealing to businesses and employees alike.
- Click here to visit the CDC’s website and further information on the ScoreCard.
Western Reserve Hospital Community Business Leaders Breakfast
Community Business Leaders Breakfast is offered each year in May. This free breakfast includes networking and a speaker focused on a business topic. The audience varies but typically includes civic and public officials, business, community, church, and non-profit leaders.
To sign up to receive news and updates from the hospital, contact Kathy Romito at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Need a library card? Go here!
After creating an account (which only requires your name and e-mail address), you can watch videos, create playlists, bookmark pages, and obtain Certificates of Completion (that can be uploaded to your LinkedIn profile). Many courses also feature exercise files, so that if you’re watching a tutorial about Microsoft Excel you can follow the activity with downloadable, pre-populated Excel spreadsheet files.
MakerSpace – The MakerSpace is a room designed to offer patrons free access to a variety of tech and craft equipment. This space serves all ages as it includes a Cricut Crafting Machine, Adobe Creative Suite, Jewelry Making Tool Kit, Button Makers, Ellison Die Cutter, Green Screen, VHS to DVD convertor, and more! Teachers, entrepreneurs, crafters and organizations are all invited to utilize this space. One-on-one tech assistance and MakerSpace programming is also available. For new visitors, it is recommended you visit during a staffed time. For questions on the MakerSpace, please visit us at the information desk or call 330-928-2117.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3-7 pm
- Wednesdays 9 am-1 pm
- Fridays 9 am-6 pm (non-staffed)
- Saturdays 1-4 pm
See our calendar for upcoming orientation sessions and classes. View our MakerSpace Policy.
Cuyahoga Falls Library is pleased to offer its cardholders access to Lynda.com’s library of instructional videos. Normally, using Lynda.com requires a paid subscription, but as a Cuyahoga Falls Library cardholder you can access Lynda.com content from any computer with an internet connection simply by entering your library card number and four-digit PIN. Log into Lynda.com Please note that you can only access course content through the Cuyahoga Falls Library login page, and not by directly visiting the Lynda.com homepage.
What is Lynda.com?
Now owned by LinkedIn, Lynda.com has been the leading provider of online learning content for 20 years. Lynda.com has more than 12,000 courses, ranging from computer programming to project management including instruction on various computer software, programming languages, and business topics. The video courses are taught by industry experts and are designed for any skill level.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Adobe Create Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc.)
- Latest versions of popular operating systems such as Windows 10, iOS, Android, Linux
- Coding and markup languages such as C, Java, Python, Ruby, MySQL, HTML, CSS and PHP
- Business skills, communication, marketing and leadership
- Data analysis, cloud computing, server management
- Creative arts including photography, video editing 3D animation, and more
Lynda.com also offers more than 50 different learning paths to help users stay ahead in their current job or change careers. Examples of learning paths include how to become a web developer, IT security specialist, project manager, or small business owner.