01 Aug SPOTLIGHT CHAMBER MEMBER – Cuyahoga Falls City Schools
Cuyahoga Falls City Schools
Cuyahoga Falls City Schools would like to thank the Chamber of Commerce for the opportunity to appear in the “spotlight.” Cuyahoga Falls City Schools serves approximately 5,000 students with a dedicated staff of approximately 550 classified and certified employees. We are very proud of our Black Tiger Tradition of Excellence! As such, we adhere to the following vision, mission and beliefs:
Educational excellence in a changing world.
The mission of the Cuyahoga Falls City School District is to assure each student is equipped with the skills necessary to meet the challenges of the future.
- We believe that the best interests of students should serve as the foundation of all decision making.
- We believe that each student can learn. Personal achievement is fostered through a love of learning and life-long intellectual engagement.
- We believe that collaborative partnerships among family, school and community contribute to each student’s success and are essential to the development of good character, values and citizenship.
- We believe that an environment of mutual respect is necessary for effective communication and learning.
- We believe in harnessing technology to design and provide meaningful and challenging student work.
- We believe that student and staff potential is best realized in a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment.
- We believe that student engagement, within the framework of Ohio’s academic content standards-based methods of teaching, learning and assessment, is the foundation of each student’s academic progress and success.
- We believe that involvement in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities is an integral component to the development of a well-rounded person.
- We believe that the success of our public school system is a shared responsibility and is dependent upon the commitment of time, talent and financial resources of the entire community.