03 Nov November 2014 – Chamber Member Business News/Invitations
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
NOVEMBER 2014 – Chamber Member Business News
- These are a FREE and EASY way Chamber Members (only) can promote a business related news item to fellow Members.
- These announcements will be posted on the Chamber website, Chamber Facebook Page, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- They will also be emailed to the Chamber Membership and Area Business Leaders.
Hamilton Appraisal Services
Hamilton Appraisal Service’s Will Be a Donation Location for Toy’s for Tots Toy Collection (Toy’s for for Tots annual toy collection drive kicks off November 10th thru December 10th) November 10th to December 10th, 2014 Bring Joy to Children Less Fortunate; Hamilton Appraisal Services, Inc. joins the U. S Marine Corps Reserve for the second year in a row to help the Toys for Tots Foundation collect toys for children who are less fortunate. As more families have less to spend at Christmas, now more than ever the Toys for Tots program needs our help.
- The goal for Hamilton Appraisal Services, Inc. is to support this program by filling up our 10 x 10 conference room in our office with new unwrapped toys. Anyone can stop by Hamilton Appraisal Services at 1660 20th Street, Cuyahoga Falls, 44223 and donate any new toy, large or small. This year we have added a cookie rally on the last collection day December 10th from 9 am to Noon, come donate a New Unwrapped Toy for Toys for Tots and enjoy coffee, hot chocolate and cookies.
- The idea is to make this an enjoyable Christmas for as many Children in our community as possible. Due to the overwhelming donation of toys last year, Hamilton Appraisal Services is thrilled to serve as a Toys for Tots drop off location again this year. Last year, people in our community filled our office’s front entry to the brim with toys. This year, we would like to collect even more toys with your help.
- Please join us and the Marine Corps Reserve in supporting Toys for Tots by donating any new unwrapped toy to our office Hamilton Appraisal Services, Inc. 1660 20th Street, Cuyahgoa Falls, 44223 by December 10, 2014. The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, an IRS recognized 501(c) (3) tax exempt not for profit charity, is the authorized fund raising and support organization for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The mission of the Foundation is to provide a tangible sign of hope to economically disadvantaged children during Christmas. While the Marines coordinate and manage the program, the Foundation’s success depends on the support of the local community and the generosity of people who donate toys, and that’s why Hamilton Appraisal Services, Inc. has joined this cause.
Hamilton Appraisal Services, Inc. has been appraising homes in the area for more than 35 years with 8 Certified Residential Real Estate Appraisers that work to assist area residents with their home appraisal needs for mortgage financing, tax appraisal, probate/estate appraisal, domestic and Bankruptcy appraisal reports. Hamilton Appraisal Services, Inc. appreciates your continued support of this very worthwhile charity. Donations may be dropped off anytime during business hours of 9 am to 5 pm
weekdays through December 10th, 2014. For more information stop by our office 1660 20th Street, Cuyahoga Falls, 44223 or visit our website at www.hamiltonappraisalservice.com.
EpilFree available @ Callatis Spa now. Permanent hair reduction system with no machines.Call or text 330-962-2150 for free consultation. Maria Suciu, Managing Aesthetics, Reiki Master. Callatis Spa – 2695 N. Haven Blvd. Suite #2, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223. 330-208-2445 call/text: 330-962-2150 www.callatisspa.com
Broadman Baptist Church
4th annual “Happiness” Christmas Bazaar. Start your Christmas shopping here. Crocheted items, candles, Christmas wreaths, beaded items & baked goods. Lunch available on Saturday.
November 14 & 15 10am-2pm
Broadman Baptist Church
350 E. Bath Rd. Cuyahoga Falls
Silver Lake Country Club
Don’t want to book a private event but want to entertain?…..Enjoy Silver Lake’s Holiday Lunch Party on Thursdays and Fridays, December 4, 5, 11, 12 and 18
11:00 am – 2:00 pm | $16.00++.
Bring your staff for lunch on any of these days and enjoy our Holiday Lunch Menu available in the Grille Room or Member Dining Room. Your table will be set to your specifications and our menu will give your staff choice of soup or salad, choice of entrée, and dessert. Reservations are required, by contacting 330-688-6066 or www.silverlakeclub.com.
Hosts of parties at either dining opportunity will receive a complimentary round of golf for 4 for 2015, when purchase of Food and Beverage is valued at $300.00 or greater prior to, service charge and tax.
Ford and Associates
Cloud-based Business Phone System. Join us for this webinar on
Wednesday, November 12th at 1:00pm EST / 10:00am PST.
Enter this code: FAS. This webinar will include a high level overview of how a cloud-based phone system works and how the key features and benefits will improve communication and collaboration in your business. Choosing a phone system is one of the most important decisions your business will make.
- Did you know…A cloud-based business phone system uses the Internet to deliver all of the features of an on premise service, minus the costly setup and bulky hardware. In addition, a cloud-based system seamlessly integrates multiple locations and remote employees. There are many additional benefits that traditional phone systems cannot offer.
- Learn about proven key benefits: Reliability – Flexibility – Cost savings – Increased functionality – Easy to deploy and manage
- A cloud-based phone system enables users to be more mobile. Mobility lets you do your job from any location. Your phones can be used anywhere there’s Internet access. If you want your company to be more mobile, a cloud-based phone system is a great place to start.
For more information, visit www.fordandassociates.com or contact your Ford and Associates sales representative at (330) 475-7168.
Chick-fil-A at Chapel Hill
- Community Hero Day – Saturday, November 8th (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.). PUBLIC: Come to Chick-fil-A at Chapel Hill to learn about safety. Representatives from the Cuyahoga Falls Police, K-9, Fire & EMS Departments will be present with their vehicles & Police Dogs.
COMMUNITY HEROES: (Fire, Police & EMS Departments) Receive a FREE Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich (all day) with any purchase. Just show your badge when you stop by Chick-fil-A at Chapel Hill. Thank you for serving our community! NOTE: The above-listed Departments will be available, unless they receive a service call.
- Veterans’ Day – Tuesday, November 11: FREE Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich with any purchase. Must present Military ID. Chick-fil-A at Chapel Hill wants to show its appreciation for our Veterans.
Chick-fil-A at Chapel Hill * 420 Howe Avenue, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio * (330) 920-4544. Dine-in only * Cannot be redeemed with additional offers * One-time redemption.
Offers uniquely delicious corporate gift options for your clients and co-workers this Christmas and holiday season! Benefits to Chamber Members:
- -10% off all popcorn tins
- -Complimentary custom-labeling with your logo and/or special message
- -Volume discounts on custom, silk-screened popcorn tins
Choose from combinations of over 50 flavors of Ohio-grown, gourmet popcorn! No matter your budget, we have products and packaging to fit your needs. Contact Brent at 330-928-6446 or email@example.com www.PopOhio.com Over 50 Flavors of Uniquely Delicious Popcorn Since 2004
Simplex-IT Previews the New Windows 10 – Free Lunchinar! In late September Microsoft announced the Technical Preview of its latest operating system, Windows 10. As usual, Simplex-IT was first in line to obtain our copy and we’ve been putting it through its paces on our test bench since then. We think you’re going to be impressed with what we have to report. The emphasis in this release is on Enterprise users. Responding to feedback, Microsoft has taken great pains to integrate the best features of Windows 7 and Windows 8 and early indications are they have succeeded. In addition, Windows 10 has been designed from the ground up to run across a broad array of form factors – desktops, laptops, tablets, phablets and smartphones. According to Microsoft, “There will be one way to write a universal application, one store, one way for apps to be discovered, purchased and updated across all of these devices.” And there’s more. You’ll even learn the question everyone has been asking – Whatever happened to Windows 9!? So be the first in your neighborhood to get a peek at the new Windows 10. Join Simplex-IT for our free November Lunchinar.
- Where: Stow Hampton Inn, 4331 Lakepointe Corporate Dr. off Route 8 at Steels Corners Rd.
- When: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 from 11:30am-1:00pm
- We will once again be webcasting this LIVE event using Microsoft Lync. It’s free and it’s easy. If you can’t make the Lunchinar in person but would like to listen in from the comfort and convenience of your office, contact us at the above numbers and we’ll send the details on how you can connect.
Kent State University Hotel and Conference Center
- KSUHCC Corporate Business Special – Complimentary Hot Breakfast with Group Blocks of 10 rooms or more! Book NOW – Offer Valid through December 31, 2014
For more information Click Here Visit www.KentStateHotel.com to learn more about KSUHCC
- Make Our Home Your Holiday Destination. The Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center is the perfect location for ALL your Holiday Needs!
- New Year’s Day Brunch at KSUHCC – Thursday, January 1, 2015 from 10 am to 2 pm. Reservations Required – 330.968.6920
Visit www.KentStateHotel.com to learn more about KSUHCC. Teresa Kirkland – Director of Sales. tkirkland@KentStateHotel.com | 330-968-6914. Kent State University Hotel and Conference Center – 215 S. Depeyster Street Kent, OH 44240
Electronic Merchant Systems
EMS gift and/or loyalty card program are designed to increase your reach to new customers and businesses thanks to our EMS Altus Premier Program, providing your marketing capabilities, text messaging, email marketing campaigns, online tracking and customer registration. The possibilities in increased visibility to businesses and new leads are endless. Call Adrien Coluccio today to learn more: 216.287.0081 http://land.emscorporate.com/CuyahogaFalls/
Western Reserve Hospital
FREE COOKING DEMONSTRATIONS
- Where: Western Reserve Hospital: 1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls
- November 6th: Start your day off right with this healthy breakfast.
- November 20th: HELP! Cooking a main dish for a vegan
Raffle drawings will be held at each event. RSVP: Johanna Tanno, Wellness Coordinator: 330-971-7959 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johanna Tanno, Wellness Coordinator at Western Reserve Hospital and mastermind behind the popular Doctor’s Order program and the Health and Wellness Den, is up for a health promotion award and she needs your votes! Let’s show our support of Johanna and the wonderful programs she helps spearhead at the hospital by voting for her in the WELCOA Dish Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals contest. Voting is easy — just follow this link: http://dish.welcoa.org/contest_entries/view/497 or go to Dish.Welcoa.org, click on the Health Promotion Professionals contest and give Johanna a 5-star vote. You can vote more than once, so remember to come back and vote often. Voting ends on Tuesday, Nov. 25th
Loyalty & Text Marketing – perQify. YOUR LOCAL SOURCE FOR LOYALTY AND MOBILE MARKETING – perQify brings the power of Loyalty & Text Marketing to small and big business alike! With new advances in technology, Mobile Marketing is now easy and affordable for businesses of all sizes. No other form of advertising gets a greater return on investment than Text Marketing! Our Loyalty & Mobile Marketing program is customized to your business to deliver a powerful customer experience. This program not only rewards Loyal Customers but helps increase customer visits. By combining full service campaign management with the real time ability to reach out to your customers, perQify has the solution to drive both your top and bottom line. 98% of text messages are read within the first 5 minutes of receipt. No other form of advertising can make that claim.
- To Learn about exclusive Chamber Member Discounts.
- To Schedule a Free, No Obligation customized demo for your business.
- To claim your Free Web Listing and Mobile Coupon offered to all Chamber Member Businesses and Organizations
330-449-0717 or michael@perQify.com
Easter Seals Northern Ohio
Donation Pick-up Drivers: Easter Seals Northern Ohio is currently hiring non-CDL drivers for donation pick-ups. Must be able to life 75lbs, have a clean driving record, be self-motivated, and work independently. Job is Monday-Friday with some weekends possible. Please send resume to email@example.com, or drop off at our location at 2080 State Rd in Cuyahoga Falls.
Zanes’ Foundation is asking you to save your ACME receipts for their ACME Freshmarket Community Cash Back Program! Collect your receipts until February 4, 2015 and mail them to Zane’s Foundation, PO Box 1642, Stow, OH.
Record Publishing/Cuyahoga Falls News Press
THE HOLIDAYS ARE NOT THAT FAR AWAY AND SOON IT WILL BE TIME TO ADVERTISE FOR THE SEASON: Here’s a couple of cool ideas;
- Giant Stocking- Great traffic builder and attention getter- a SIX FOOT STOCKING! It’s filled with all kinds of stuff for the kids- Comes with three color ads, entry blanks (customers enter to win and you get their email info), and window posters. – This is a huge annual favorite- We have a limited amount of these, and they are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Seven week discount package- Our first year for this new program! Comes with seven weeks of ads, internet exposure, a holiday greeting, and an ad to use at your discretion. and the best part -THE PRINT ADS ARE OVER 60% OFF OUR OPEN RATE!
- Sliding billboards- A great way to have a dominant internet presence for only $100 per week. ONLY TWO AVAILABLE PER WEEK, per site.
Please contact me if you are interested. Thank you! Mark Hersch, Account Executive. Record Publishing/Cuyahoga Falls News Press, 1050 West Main St. Kent, Ohio 44240. Direct Line 330-541-9408
Donatos Pizza in Cuyahoga Falls is doing a Dine to Donate promotion for the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Area Foundation for the scholarship fund.
- This will take place on the first Thursday of each month from 11am to 5pm from September 2014 – May 2015. Dine in or take out only. Donatos then will give back a percent of the sales to the scholarship fund each month.
The Chamber of Commerce Area Foundation awards scholarships every year to Cuyahoga Falls/Silver Lake resident graduating seniors. The scholarship awards take place every June at the Chamber Monthly Luncheon Meeting. And with your help we can give another scholarship. Questions: Billy Harding, GM Donatos – Cuyahoga Falls at 330-923-5900.
City of Cuyahoga Falls
Announcing a unique advertising opportunity offered by the City of Cuyahoga Falls.
The First-Time Homeowner Welcome Program is an incentive program created in an effort to increase the number of owner-occupied homes in Cuyahoga Falls. The number of houses currently sold in the City average approximately 250 per year. Of those, a portion are purchased as rentals, rehab turn-around, or bank buy-backs. The City would like to see most, if not all, of that portion converted into owner-occupied housing. When a resident signs up for City utilities, they will receive a welcome packet containing important City-related information. If that resident qualifies as a first-time City homeowner, their packet will also contain significant cost-saving incentive offers provided by participating businesses. The City will also be a participant with its incentive offer consisting of almost $500 in free memberships, rental discounts and BOGO offers.
- In order to receive a welcome packet, first-time home buyers must meet two conditions: (1) they must sign an agreement committing to live in the home they are purchasing for a minimum of two years; and (2) they must be either relocating to Cuyahoga Falls from another community, or a current resident purchasing their first home in the City.
- In addition to welcoming the first-time home buyer to Cuyahoga Falls, the packet will be a useful tool for realtors to help increase their sales of owner-occupied homes.
- Each incentive offer will have a quantifiable dollar value contributing to a total packet value. The realtor can then represent to the buyer “purchase and live in a home in Cuyahoga Falls, and you will receive $XXX in valuable discounts.”
- Participation Requirements – Any business may participate.
Incentive offers must be quantifiable. There needs to be a specific dollar value in order to calculate the total incentive value of the packet.
- Incentive offers must be in pdf format and emailed to the City.
- Unless otherwise requested by the business, incentives will expire one year from the date the homeowner receives a packet. The versatility of pdf will allow City staff to easily print a one-year expiration date on the document. Incentive offers will remain part of the program unless the City receives written notification from the business withdrawing from participation. If an offer is withdrawn, it would be appreciated (but not required) if the business would continue to honor any outstanding offers distributed prior to the withdrawal.
Benefits of Participating
- No postage. There is nothing to mail.
- No printing cost. When a new homeowner signs up for utilities, the City will print the offers and insert them into the welcome packet.
- The cost for a business to participate is zero unless and until the new homeowner redeems the incentive offer provided by the business.
- This is an advertising opportunity for a business to be one of the first to introduce itself to individuals new to the area.
- Your business would be one of the first to reach out and welcome the new homeowner.
Please contact us with any questions you may have. If you are interested in participating, please email your incentive offer and reference “Welcome Packet” in the subject line. Thank you! City of Cuyahoga Falls – Don Walters, Mayor. 2310 Second Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 (330) 971-8200 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
Member Dues Increase Effective July 1, 2014
Dear Chamber Members: Due to increased costs of doing business it has become necessary to increase the amount our membership dues by 5% effective July 1, 2014. There has not been an increase in our dues since 2009. Here are the new membership dues/rates: http://cfchamber.com/prospective-members/membership-application/ We hope that you will agree that your Chamber Membership is a sound business investment. We strive to bring you the best possible networking and business programs as well as a member benefits package for small business.
We are always open to our Chamber Members input. 330-929-6756. We thank you for your continued support!
Sincerely, Laura A. Petrella, CEO and The Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Who will email the information out to the Chamber Members?
The Chamber will email out the announcements once a month.
When will the email go out?
The email will be sent out the first week of the month.
What can I submit for Chamber Member Business Announcements?
The announcement information that you submit to the Chamber will only be accepted via email only and must be strictly related to your Chamber Member business in which you are a paid Member of the Chamber of Commerce. The “Business News Announcements” must be related to: a new service your business is offering, a special “Members Only” discount and offer, office furniture for sale, hiring a new employee for your business, new business ribbon cutting, business anniversary invitation, business open house announcement, new business address, office space for rent, celebrating a business anniversary, etc.
How much space can I have for a Chamber Member Business Announcement?
300 words or fewer of text only and one listing per Chamber Member business per month. The Chamber reserves the right to edit all submissions and use fewer or more words submitted.
What is the deadline to submit information?
The deadline to submit a Chamber Member Business Announcement is the 25th of the month by 12 noon and it will run in the next month’s email. Anything submitted after that date will run in the following month’s e-blast. You may also send an email with your announcement/news to the Chamber Membership by accessing the email database by logging in to the Chamber website with your user name/password. Please email the Chamber if you need help logging on.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Email your information in the actual email you send back to us OR attach your information in a MS WORD Document only. We must be able to copy and paste your text submitted. Phone, fax, text boxes, PDF or JPG submissions will not be accepted.
EMAIL here: email@example.com
Chamber Member Business Name____________________________Date___________
My Chamber Member Business Announcement of 300 words or less:
- All emailed submissions for the Chamber Member Business Announcements are subject to approval and may be edited.
- Chamber Dues must be current to submit.
- The Chamber is not liable for any misprints, typos or incorrect information submitted.
- If there are less than 5 submissions for the month an email will not be sent.