05 May May 2015 – Chamber Member Business News & Invitations
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Member Business News EBLASTS – FREE AND EASY SERVICE!
- These are a FREE and EASY way Chamber Members (only) can promote a business related news item to fellow Members.
- These announcements will be posted on the Chamber website, Chamber Facebook Page, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- They will also be emailed to the Chamber Membership and Area Business Leaders.
D and L Collectables/ 4 Corner Promotions
Announcing!!!! New Networking Adventure. D and L Collectables and 4 Corner Promotions will host a new networking opportunity….The last Thursday of each month starting May 28, 2015. 8:00AM at D and L’s location. 111 Portage Trail, Cuyahoga Falls. Everybody is welcome. Stop in for free coffee, great company, and a positive way to start your day. https://www.facebook.com/DandLcollectables?fref=ts
Chestnut Hills Memorial Park
Autism Society Fundraiser Walk
When: Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 12:00pm
Where: Chestnut Hill Cemetery
2613 Sackett Avenue, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44223
Agenda: 12:00pm – Sign-in at the duck pond/donation station
12:15pm – Walk of the scenic hills begins
At conclusion of the walk, we will enjoy some refreshments and activities.
Officers: Jim Brearley, Chestnut Hill Family Services Director
Natalie Scott, Team Captain Contact:330-928-6115 or Natalie Scott at 330-812-7943 www.bsgchestnuthill.com
- Saturday, May 16, 2015 – Fairy Day at Heritage Farms
10 am to 4 pm. Children $6 and Adults $4. We will celebrate magic, fun and our resident Fairies with 10 activities costume contest, visits from the Tooth Fairy and a Flower Fairy, arts and crafts and much more.
- Saturday, May 30 and Sunday May 31, 2015. DAYLILY LIQUIDATION SALE
10am to 5pm. 175 varieties for sale at Empty the Garden prices.
- Saturday June 20, 2015. 5K Zombie Run at Heritage Farms. Organized by 5KRunDead. Proceeds from runner entrance fees to benefit cancer and Alzheimer’s research. We need runners and volunteer zombies and a licensed food vender. To register or volunteer go to www.5KRunDead.com
For more info call Heritage Farms 330-657-2330 OR www.heritagefarms.com
Cuyahoga Falls Library
CUYAHOGA FALLS LIBRARY SEEKING EMPLOYERS FOR UPCOMING JOB FAIR
WHEN: Wednesday, June 3, 10 a.m. to noon
WHERE: 2015 Third Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
DETAILS: Cuyahoga Falls Library invites local employers to participate in a 2-hour job fair on Wednesday, June 3. The event is free for both job seekers and employers.
The library will provide one 8-foot table and 2 chairs, as well as access to electricity. Free Wi-Fi is also available. For more information or to RSVP, please contact adult reference librarian Rex Clarke at 330-928-2117 x 152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- #Girlboss – by Sophia Amoruso
An online fashion retailer traces her path to success. CATALOG LINK: http://encore.cuyahogafallslibrary.org/iii/encore/record/C__Rb1559772__Sgirlboss__Orightresult__X3?lang=eng&suite=def
- Bold : how to go big, achieve success, and impact the world – by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
Harness new technologies, entrepreneurial insight and the power of the crowd to maximize business success. CATALOG LINK: http://encore.cuyahogafallslibrary.org/iii/encore/record/C__Rb1574565__SDiamandis__Orightresult__X4?lang=eng&suite=def
- Outliers: The story of success – by Malcolm Gladwell
Why some people succeed – it has to do with luck and opportunities as well as talent. CATALOG LINK: http://encore.cuyahogafallslibrary.org/iii/encore/record/C__Rb1381344__Soutliers__P0%2C6__Orightresult__X5?lang=eng&suite=def
- How Google Works – by Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg
Google’s executive chairman, and Rosenberg, a former senior vice president, discuss corporate culture, strategy and innovation.
CATALOG LINK: http://encore.cuyahogafallslibrary.org/iii/encore/record/C__Rb1568533__Show%20google%20works__P0%2C1__Orightresult__X5?lang=eng&suite=def
- Lean In – by Sheryl Sandberg with Nell Scovell
The chief operating officer of Facebook urges women to pursue their careers without ambivalence. CATALOG LINK: http://encore.cuyahogafallslibrary.org/iii/encore/record/C__Rb1478439__Slean%20in__P0%2C3__Orightresult__X5?lang=eng&suite=def
CONTACT: Cuyahoga Falls Library – 2015 Third St., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 email@example.com
330-928-2117 x 102
Hyre Insurance Agency
You are invited to the Hyre Insurance Agency annual Professional Luau. Tuesday, July 14 at 5:30pm – 8:30pm. Great networking, great music, great fun! If you are a business professional looking at making new contacts and have a fun time doing it – come on by! LIVE Music, Great food (prepared fresh on site), and lots of Hawaiian FUN! We provide the Lei’s for everyone! Come in your best Hawaiian outfit! Hyre Insurance Agency 275 Graham Rd, Suite 6, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44223
Donatos Pizza in Cuyahoga Falls is doing a Dine to Donate promotion for the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Area Foundation for the scholarship fund.
- This will take place on the first Thursday of each month from 11am to 5pm from September 2014 – May 2015. Dine in or take out only. Donatos then will give back a percent of the sales to the scholarship fund each month.
The Chamber of Commerce Area Foundation awards scholarships every year to Cuyahoga Falls/Silver Lake resident graduating seniors. The scholarship awards take place every June at the Chamber Monthly Luncheon Meeting. And with your help we can give another scholarship. Questions: Billy Harding, GM Donatos – Cuyahoga Falls at 330-923-5900.
TUBBS CHIROPRACTIC IS OFFERING TO COME PAMPER YOUR STAFF, to show our appreciation for all their hard work! Our licensed massage therapists will come to your school and provide free relaxing chair massages to your employees. We will include a delicious dessert and refreshments! A special complimentary gift for your employees will also be included! Don’t miss out on this special offer, call Tubbs Chiropractic today! (330) 945-4700 or email: Tubbschiro@gmail.com
Chick-fil-A at Chapel Hill.
Teachers mark your calendars! Chick-Fil-A at Chapel Hill celebrates teacher appreciation week starting next Monday, May 4th through Friday May 6th. Show your ID and receive a FREE Chick-Fil-A sandwich! Moms and dads don’t forget – Chick-Fil-A gift cards are an easy and delicious way to thank your child’s teacher! Not valid with any other offer*Dine-in only*One offer per visit *No purchase necessary*Chapel Hill location only*Chick-Fil-A at Chapel Hill*(330)920-4544. 420 Howe Avenue, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
City of Cuyahoga Falls
2015 Great American River Day Cleanup and Beautification Project. Mayor Don Walters proudly announces the 2015 Great American River Day Cleanup & Beautification Project.
- On Saturday, May 16th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. join your neighbors and friends to help keep Cuyahoga Falls beautiful and litter-free.
Volunteers will work together to clean up litter, plant flowers and pull invasive plants on public grounds. Litter anywhere in the community can eventually end up in the Cuyahoga River, in local streams, or in storm sewers potentially creating hazardous conditions and pollution. Invasive plants such as garlic mustard affect the quality of habitat for beneficial plant and animal species. Citizens of all ages, businesses and organizations can help preserve and protect the Cuyahoga River, its tributaries and our natural resources by volunteering to clean up and beautify public grounds throughout the community. Local public parks and playgrounds in addition to public lands sections along the Cuyahoga riverbank may be included as cleanup locations for volunteers to consider.
- Lunch, cleanup and planting supplies will be provided for volunteers. A special 2015 River Day raffle will take place at Noon for project volunteers. To register by Wednesday, May 13th, please call 330-971-8201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteer sign-in location and project details will be provided upon registration. www.cityofcf.com
Sisters Scented Candles
We’ve survived the winter and are progressing with our warm weather candle and tart scents for 2015. Heading the list will be a beautiful Lilac, tangy Bamboo/Grapefruit, and a southern special Sweet Tea Zing. The scents are started and smell great. Come in soon! Located at 1729 Portage Trail, Cuyahoga Falls. 330-687-0435 OR http://www.sisterscentedcandles.com/
Want to improve the HEALTH of your workforce and the health of your BOTTOM LINE? Chamber Member and Chamber Benefit Partner GemCare Wellness will assist you in bringing a culture of health and wellness to your organization. GemCare Wellness will assist you every step of the way, including getting your company application to take advantage of the Ohio BWC Workplace Wellness Grant. For more information contact: Bob McCollins of GemCare Wellness at phone: 614-264-9694 or
Wellness & Wealth by Choice
We would like to thank the Chamber Board of Directors for continuing again for 2015 the Wellness Benefit provided by Wellness & Wealth by Choice. We also want to thank the Chamber Businesses who have stepped forward and taken advantage of this benefit and made an investment to improve the health of their employees and families. Most of us are very aware, worried and are fully engaged in the Affordable Care Act. Many of us didn’t get to keep our insurance as promised and are experiencing higher premiums, deductibles and co-pays.
- Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? There are many options you can seize to improve your desired level of wellness.
Our goals are:
1) assist and educate chamber members, their families and their employees,
2) raise your awareness on how lifestyle and environment is creating illness,
3) improve the quality of life for you, your family and employees, by creating your own healthy space in a toxic world,
4) reduce your medical costs.
We look forward to meeting with you and explaining the details of the benefit and developing your individual wellness plan. Contact Sue or Bob Gruber at 330-920-1590
Your LOCAL Loyalty and Mobile marketing service provider is please to introduce LOCALperQz.com!
- Exclusively for and dedicated to LOCAL independent Businesses – LOCALperQz is a part of the grassroots effort to inspire more people to buy from LOCAL businesses and REWARD them for doing so.
- Declare your Independence! Distinguish your locally owned business by joining LOCALperQz and stand out from big-box competition as a trustworthy, friendly neighbor that loves their customers.
- The CERTIFIED LOCAL designation helps to differentiate local independent businesses through LOCALperQz.com — a platform that helps consumbers shop local by raising awareness and promoting Certified Local businesses, services, professionals, and events in their area and then REWARDS them for shopping local through perQify powered Mobile and Kiosk Technology enticing them through various sweepstakes and reward programs.
This is only the beginning of some exciting tools and initiatives coming in 2015. Join the Movement Today! Plans starting as low as FREE! View Plans and features at http://www.localperqz.com/certified-local-plans-2. Email info@perQify.com or call 330-449-0717 for more info. Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce members receive exclusive discounts from the published plan rates through the Affinity program.
Electronic Merchant Systems
With EMS you have access to one of the most successful and widely implemented gift card programs in the industry. Gift cards provide a simple, effective way to skyrocket sales and are increasingly being used as an alternate to deep discounts. Generate new customers when used as gifts to customers’ family and friends. Call Adrien Coluccio today to learn more: 216.287.0081 http://land.emscorporate.com/CuyahogaFalls/
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber & COSE Form New Partnership
We are excited to announce that the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber has recently joined forces with the Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE) to offer you double the benefits, resources and support. Through this new partnership, your business will continue to have the presence it needs in the local community combined with the regional reach and buying power of more than 14,000 small businesses. Best of all, you have the opportunity to join both organizations for one low price that’s significantly lower than joining both organizations individually. By becoming a dual member of both Cuyahoga Falls Chamber and COSE, you will have access to business savings opportunities, local and regional networking events and connections with businesses next door and across Northeast Ohio. 2015 – 2016 Membership Rates: COSE CFCC Dual Membership Dues Rates 2015 2016 . If you are interested in learning more about this partnership or dual membership, call 216-592-2222 or visit www.cose.org/dualmemberships .
CareWorksComp safety training seminars will take place from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. We will address the BWC transition to a prospective premium payment system impacting all Ohio employers, timelines, lowering claim costs, hearings, incentive programs, unemployment cost control strategies and safety requirements. These seminars fulfill the BWC group two-hour safety training requirement for policy year 2014 group-rated and group retrospective employers with a claim in 2013. There is a $40 fee to attend. Continental breakfast and snack will be provided. Claims administrators, safety coordinators, financial officers, payroll and human resource administrators, and supervisors are encouraged to attend.
- May 26 – Canton – Courtyard by Marriott – 4375 Metro Circle NW. Canton, OH 44720
To register, please mail, fax or email the following information to Sarah Crouthamel: Fax: 614.210.5840 Office: 800.837.3200, ext. 57245 Email: email@example.com Mail: 5500 Glendon Court, Dublin, OH 43016
Checks should be made payable to CareWorksComp. Limited seating available. No refunds for cancellations without minimum seven-day notice. Please arrive 15 minutes early.
Who will email the information out to the Chamber Members?
The Chamber will email out the announcements once a month.
When will the email go out?
The email will be sent out the first week of the month.
What can I submit for Chamber Member Business Announcements?
The announcement information that you submit to the Chamber will only be accepted via email only and must be strictly related to your Chamber Member business in which you are a paid Member of the Chamber of Commerce. The “Business News Announcements” must be related to: a new service your business is offering, a special “Members Only” discount and offer, office furniture for sale, hiring a new employee for your business, new business ribbon cutting, business anniversary invitation, business open house announcement, new business address, office space for rent, celebrating a business anniversary, etc.
How much space can I have for a Chamber Member Business Announcement?
300 words or fewer of text only and one listing per Chamber Member business per month. The Chamber reserves the right to edit all submissions and use fewer or more words submitted.
What is the deadline to submit information?
The deadline to submit a Chamber Member Business Announcement is the 25th of the month by 12 noon and it will run in the next month’s email. Anything submitted after that date will run in the following month’s e-blast. You may also send an email with your announcement/news to the Chamber Membership by accessing the email database by logging in to the Chamber website with your user name/password. Please email the Chamber if you need help logging on.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Email your information in the actual email you send back to us OR attach your information in a MS WORD Document only. We must be able to copy and paste your text submitted. Phone, fax, text boxes, PDF or JPG submissions will not be accepted.
EMAIL here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber Member Business Name____________________________Date___________
My Chamber Member Business Announcement of 300 words or less:
- All emailed submissions for the Chamber Member Business Announcements are subject to approval and may be edited.
- Chamber Dues must be current to submit.
- The Chamber is not liable for any misprints, typos or incorrect information submitted.
- If there are less than 5 submissions for the month an email will not be sent.