04 Mar Cuyahoga Falls Better Block Pop Up Businesses – Interested?
Hello Potential Better Block Participants –
We are excited that you have expressed interest in this modern, hip and forward thinking Cuyahoga Falls business and community event that is happening on the historic riverfront in downtown Cuyahoga Falls on August 26 and August 27. Enthusiasm and engagement grow more every day!
We are excited to announce the launch of the Cuyahoga Falls Better Block website today. http://fallsbetterblock.com/
What is a Better Block?
- The purpose behind the Better Block concept is to work with cities, developers, and stakeholders to create quick, inexpensive, high-impact changes that improve and revitalize underused properties and highlight the potential for creating great “Complete Streets”. The Better Block will complement the city’s vision by aiding in community revitalization and bringing focus to potential businesses. Pop up businesses would fill the empty storefronts, current businesses would have the opportunity to showcase their products and services, residents of Cuyahoga Falls and nearby communities would be out in full force enjoying the possibility of this area being revitalizes to its full potential.
- The Better Block initiative creates a “quick win” using the “Better Block” approach that brings greater attention to developments prior to buildout, which in turn increases the potential for pre-leasing.
- The City of Cuyahoga Falls is working to renew and restore the Riverfront Pedestrian Mall area and the Better Block would be a unique and innovative way to catapult and enhance the city’s efforts. “Better Block would provide an opportunity to build upon the city’s momentum and help bring these initiatives to life. While the city continues to focus on infrastructure and development, the Better Block can complement the vision by aiding in community revitalization and bringing focus to potential businesses” says Mayor Don Walters. Better Block could showcase this opportunity for the area and encourage entrepreneurial spirit on the Riverfront.
MORE INFORMATION/SIGN UP HERE:
- Potential Business Pop Up Form Registration
- Cool Cuyahoga Falls Video
- Ted Talk Video about Better Block by Jason Roberts
- North Hill/Akron Better Block Info (2015)
Please call or email me with any questions!
Laura A. Petrella, CEO
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
151 Portage Trail, Suite 1
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221