Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Member Business News EBLASTS – FREE AND EASY SERVICE!
- These are a FREE and EASY way Chamber Members (only) can promote a business related news item to fellow Members.
- These announcements will be posted on the Chamber website, Chamber Facebook Page, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- They will also be emailed to the Chamber Membership and Area Business Leaders.
AIG Financial Network – Bethany Mong – Financial Representative
Business Owners: Attend this FREE interactive seminar to talk with experts about making sure your business is taking the legal and financial steps necessary to be successful now and in the future.
WHO: Small & Medium Sized Business Owners
WHAT: Keep Your Business Thriving Now and in the Future: Continuation Planning and Tips for Small & Medium Sized Businesses. Attend this FREE interactive seminar to talk with experts about making sure your business is taking the legal and financial steps necessary to be successful now and in the future.
WHEN: Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 6:30PM-8:30PM
WHERE: Cuyahoga Falls Public Library- 2015 3rd St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
HOSTED BY: Bethany Mong- Financial Representative, AIG Financial Network
Robert Maguire- Attorney, Macguire Legal Group
Lauren Kassinger- CPA, Sheilds Blice & Company
Link to Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1445043012434717/?context=create&source=49
FREE WEB LISTING & MOBILE COUPON on perQify.com for all chamber member businesses and organizations. Content is King! List your business or organization on
perQify.com to increase exposure at absolutely no cost! Free Listing includes:
- Mobile Optimized Page
- Coupon or Alerts subscription for consumers to opt in and receive your offer or alerts directly to their phone.
- Image Slider – including 4 images and your logo
- YouTube Video
- Brief Bio
- Google Map & Directions
- Address & Phone info
- Links to your website, Facebook, Twitter, & Yelp pages
- Inclusion in email marketing sent weekly to all perQify network subscribers
Once we have built enough content we will be promoting the site driving traffic to the site and to your business. Lock in your Free listing now. All messaging to the consumers for your web offer are included in this Free Offer. The best part is that every consumer that subscribes to your page is available for future broadcasts of any specials or events you would like to communicate directly to their Mobile Phones. (Text Broadcasts are not included in the Free Service)The World Is Going Mobile! Are You Moving Or Standing Still? Contact Gus at (330) 449-0717 or email info@perQify.com to learn more and list your business or organization for FREE!
EMS Sentry, Inc.® MediVoice Alert®
EMS Sentry, Inc.® MediVoice Alert® is now a member of Home Care Association of America, (HCAOA) Washington, DC, a National Organization for Senior Citizens Home Care Providers with over 2500 National members that employee over 300,000 people. EMS Sentry, Inc.® PH: 877-406-1724 firstname.lastname@example.org www.medivoicealert.com
Zane’s Foundation 5th Annual Special Needs Awareness Walk & Fun Day – September 13, 2014. The Zane’s Foundation Board members are busy preparing for their 5th Annual Special Needs Awareness Walk and Fun Day that we held at Bolich Middle School’s Layborne Field in Cuyahoga Falls on Saturday, September 13, 2014. This Walk & Fun Day is instrumental in helping Zane’s Foundation with it’s mission to provide services for children and adults with special needs. We do this in two ways: by offering educational meetings that parents can attend so that they can continue to educate themselves to become a great advocate for their loved one and also by assisting the family with funding. Quarterly funds are available for things like day camp, therapies, medical expenses, communicative devices, respite, summer camp, or other assistive equipment that are necessary to help meet daily challenges. Zane’s Foundation, Inc. helps families who live in northeast Ohio. Sponsor endorsed shirts are being sold for $10 each, with larger shirts costing a dollar or two more. Goodie bags are being filled with free items and coupons from our sponsors for the participants of the Walk. The last day to order a shirt is August 31, 2014. Email or phone us at the Foundation Office at email@example.com or 330.677.9273, if you would like to be a sponsor, have your name on the back of our shirts, donate a basket or other item or you just want to order a shirt. Thank you for your time and consideration!
United Way of Summit County – Calendar of Events
For more information contact Beth Boggins at 330.643.5519
- Knight Breakfast – Tuesday, August 5, 2014 – 7:30 to 9 a.m. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Luis Proenza, Immediate past president, The University of Akron. The Knight Breakfast was established in 1954 by former Akron Beacon Journal publisher John S. Knight as a way for local corporate leaders to gather and preview the upcoming United Way campaign. United Way of Summit County.
- Campaign Coordinator Training – GOJO Industries – Wednesday, August 6, 2014 – 7:45 to 10 a.m.
- Corporate Derby Challenge – Derby Downs – Friday, August 15, 2014 – 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. The FirstEnergy All-American Soap Box Derby and United Way of Summit County are uniting for the 5th Annual Corporate Derby Challenge. Build a ‘vintage Soap Box Derby’ car with your company team of up to seven co-workers and partake in our version of The Greatest Amateur Racing Event in the WorldTM. So put your work on hold for one afternoon, make a team, and start planning! The building starts at 1 p.m. on Friday, August 15, followed by dinner for the teams provided by the Soap Box Derby and United Way, and then the racing begins!
- Pinnacle Awards of Summit County – Hilton Akron/Fairlawn – Friday, September 12, 2014 – 7:30 to 9 a.m.
City of Cuyahoga Falls
Announcing a unique advertising opportunity offered by the City of Cuyahoga Falls An exciting, new program is coming to Cuyahoga Falls that offers a unique advertising opportunity to area businesses. The First-Time Homeowner Welcome Program is an incentive program created in an effort to increase the number of owner-occupied homes in Cuyahoga Falls. The number of houses currently sold in the City average approximately 250 per year. Of those, a portion are purchased as rentals,rehab turn-arounds, or bank buy-backs. The City would like to see most, if not all, of that portion converted into owner-occupied housing. When a resident signs up for City utilities, they will receive a welcome packet containing important City-related information. If that resident qualifies as a first-time City homeowner, their packet will also contain significant cost-saving incentive offers provided by participating businesses. The City will also be a participant with its incentive offer consisting of almost $500 in free memberships, rental discounts and BOGO offers.
- In order to receive a welcome packet, first-time home buyers must meet two conditions: (1) they must sign an agreement committing to live in the home they are purchasing for a minimum of two years; and (2) they must be either relocating to Cuyahoga Falls from another community, or a current resident purchasing their first home in the City.
- In addition to welcoming the first-time home buyer to Cuyahoga Falls, the packet will be a useful tool for realtors to help increase their sales of owner-occupied homes.
- Each incentive offer will have a quantifiable dollar value contributing to a total packet value. The realtor can then represent to the buyer “purchase and live in a home in Cuyahoga Falls, and you will receive $XXX in valuable discounts.”
- Any business may participate.
- Incentive offers must be quantifiable. There needs to be a specific dollar value in order to calculate the total incentive value of the packet.
- Incentive offers must be in pdf format and emailed to the City.
- Unless otherwise requested by the business, incentives will expireone year from the date the homeowner receives a packet.
- The versatility of pdf will allow City staff to easily print a one-year expiration date on the document.
- Incentive offers will remain part of the program unless the City receives written notification from the business withdrawing from participation. If an offer is withdrawn, it would be appreciated (but not required) if the business would continue to honor any outstanding offers distributed prior to the withdrawal.
Benefits of Participating
- No postage. There is nothing to mail.
- No printing cost. When a new homeowner signs up for utilities, the City will print the offers and insert them into the welcome packet.
- The cost for a business to participate is zero unless and until the new homeowner redeems the incentive offer provided by the business.
- This is an advertising opportunity for a business to be one of the first to introduce itself to individuals new to the area.
- Your business would be one of the first to reach out and welcome the new homeowner.
Please contact us with any questions you may have. If you are interested in participating, please email your incentive offer and reference “Welcome Packet” in the subject line. Thank you! City of Cuyahoga Falls – Don Walters, Mayor. 2310 Second Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 (330) 971-8200 firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT NEEDED
Munroe Falls GEMOLOGIST seeking an outgoing, highly motivated person for office/clerical work. Fulltime/part time/flexible hours. Responsibilities include answering the phone, customer service, data entry, filing, etc. Must be a self-starter with excellent typing, computer and communication. Reply by e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 330-294-0867
You’re Invited – to Simplex-IT’s 7th Annual Community Appreciation Picnic! Mark your calendars for August 13 from 4:00-8:00pm and join Simplex-IT as we welcome friends and neighbors, clients, local business owners and fellow Chamber of Commerce members from Hudson, Cuyahoga Falls, Akron and Fairlawn. Once a year in August we forego our regular monthly business-oriented Lunchinar presentation in favor of an open-invitation picnic celebration in the back yard of our Worldwide International Headquarters (5225 Darrow Road, Hudson). This year will be no exception. Simplex-IT will be providing the beverages, hamburgers and hot dogs; you will be providing the essential “special ingredient” and camaraderie for which this annual event is becoming known. In addition to the abundant opportunities to network with your peers we will have assorted back yard games to test your skills. Of course, there will be a veritable plethora of prizes! And for those who may be interested, we will also have available demonstrations of many of the information technologies Simplex-IT offers the business community throughout the year (including Microsoft’s Windows 8, Office 365 and Office 2013).
What should you bring? Your appetite, of course, a general sense of abandon and a lawn chair. That’s it! Plan on arriving early, staying late and having a good time!!We do have one request. To ensure we have enough food and drink for everyone, we ask that you RSVP on EventBrite at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/simplex-its-7th-annual-picnic-tickets-11821387087, by email to John@Simplex-IT.comor phone us at 234.380.1277.
Western Reserve Hospital
“Not Me: Drug Free” Program.
Western Reserve Hospital, the City of Cuyahoga Falls, Fire and Police are looking for additional businesses to participate in the “Not Me: Drug Free” program. The program targets 5th graders to fight drug abuse. Businesses can offer a one-time only redeemable Free-ward. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Kathy Romito, Western Reserve Hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 330.971.7408.
“Building a Resilient Workforce”
7th Annual Summit County Worksite Wellness Conference at The Tangier Banquet Center
- Thursday, September 11, 2014 From 7:30am-3:30pm. Price: $25.00. Healthy breakfast and lunch included Open to all business owners, managers, HR, or wellness representatives. RSVP: Johanna Tanno at 330-971-7959 or email@example.com To see the full agenda: http://www.summitworksitewellness.com
“Lunch and Learns”
Join us for our FREE lunch and learns designed to improve health awareness within our hospital and community. We encourage you to attend a luncheon below and learn more about this unique and helpful series of health topics. FREE MONTHLY LUNCHEONS HELD:
- August 6 – Back to School: Keep your kids healthy
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. at Western Reserve Hospital Auditorium I, 1900 23rd Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223. To RSVP, please call Johanna Tanno at 330-971-7959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Rumble at the Reserve”
Fifth Annual Blood Drive on August 20 and 21.Western Reserve Hospital will host the fifth annual “Rumble at the Reserve” blood drive, which this year pits the department of medicine and surgery against each other in a motorsports racing-themed event. The 2014 Rumble features Western Reserve Hospital’s Departments of Surgery and Medicine squaring off in a race to see which department can bring in the most donors, with the winner receiving the coveted “Western Reserve Hospital Cup.” Donors are invited to choose which department to support during the drive.As Western Reserve Hospital’s signature outreach event, Rumble at the Reserve has won the American Red Cross “Largest One Day Hospital Blood Drive” award for three consecutive years. To sign up for Rumble at the Reserve, go to RedCrossBlood.org and enter the sponsor code 44223. For questions, contact Western Reserve Hospital Community Outreach Coordinator Kathy Romito at (330)971-7408 or email@example.com.
Silver Lake Country Club
When is the Best Time to Join Silver Lake Country Club? Right Now! Come see why Silver Lake in growing with New Members. We offer monthly children, family and adult events.
- Open all year round
- We have the best worldwide travel benefits that include two complimentary green fees and two complimentary meals at all of ClubCorp Clubs within a month*
- Great way to network both professionally and personally.
- No Monthly Minimums
- No Initiation Fees
- No Assessment Fees
- Free babysitting on Friday and Saturday nights while using the Club
- Dues starting at $65 a month
If you join now you will receive from $250 to $500 in usage credit + Discovery book with complimentary dining, pool, golf and more valued at over $500! If you join today as a golf Member you will receive a complimentary cart lease for the remainder of the 2014 season! Contact me today for all the details.Bonnie Napora, Membership Directorbonnie.firstname.lastname@example.org 330.689.7403
EMS – Electronic Merchant Systems
Security is paramount. The Payment Card Industry, or PCI for short, has set into place a set of regulations and standards designed to maximize security and protect both customers and merchants alike. Failure to become compliant doesn’t just put your customers at risk, it endangers your business. The fees associated with a breach are staggering and often times leave merchants with no other choice than to shut their doors permanently.Call Adrien Coluccio today to learn more about your business’ compliance: 216.287.0081 http://land.emscorporate.com/CuyahogaFalls/
Employee of Distinction Luncheon. Do you have an outstanding individual or team that goes above and beyond for your organization? At no cost, you can nominate that employee or team and publicly recognize their efforts.
Deadline for honoree nominations is July 31. Nominate your shining stars today! To download the nomination form, visit www.goodwillakron.org/EDL Event Details – Date: Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2014
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Guy’s Party Centre,500 E. Waterloo Road, Akron
Keynote speaker: Jodi Kest, head coach of The University of Akron women’s basketball program.
Akron Beacon Journal/Ohio.com
NEW BEACON JOURNAL REPLICA EDITION IS FREE TO SUBSCRIBERS. The Akron Beacon Journal has launched a Replica Edition of the newspaper that is free to current subscribers. Developed to celebrate the newspaper’s 175th anniversary, the Replica Edition is an exact copy of the print edition of the newspaper. Designed to enhance readers’ overall digital experience, the Replica Edition replaces Beacon Journal Digital. Highlights of the new product include readers’ ability to:
- Access the Replica Edition from their tablet, smartphone or desktop computer.
- View every word, photo and image exactly as it appears in print.
- Tap any article with two fingers to convert to full-screen text.
- Flip pages, zoom in on articles and rotate to landscape mode.
- Print, email or share articles and pictures.
- Translate text to speech.
- Access an archive of every issue published in the past 30 days.
Current subscribers can access this new product by going to Ohio.com, clicking on “Subscriber Services” at the top of the home page, selecting “ I am a subscriber” and following the instructions. New subscribers can sign up for the Replica Edition on Ohio.com or by calling 330-996-3600. Founded in 1839, the Akron Beacon Journal, Ohio’s only four-time Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper, is the oldest continuously operated business in Summit County. The newspaper serves readers in Summit, Medina, Portage, Stark and Wayne counties, portions of Cuyahoga County and all Northeast Ohio in partnership with its affiliated website, Ohio.com. The Akron Beacon Journal/Ohio.com is owned by Sound Publishing Holdings, a wholly owned subsidiary of Black Press Ltd., which owns and operates 115 newspapers in western Canada, Washington state and Hawaii.
Event: Open House at Weaver ProPak (a Division of Weaver Industries, Inc.)
Address: 129 Marc Drive, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223
Date: October 23, 2014
Organizer: Weaver Industries. RSVP: 330.379.3660 Denise Balko email@example.com
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Ribbon Cuttings – firstname.lastname@example.org
Broadman Baptist Church
Top Level Martial Arts
Member Dues Increase Effective July 1, 2014
Dear Chamber Members:
Due to increased costs of doing business it has become necessary to increase the amount our membership dues by 5% effective July 1, 2014. There has not been an increase in our dues since 2009. Here are the new membership dues/rates: http://cfchamber.com/prospective-members/membership-application/
We hope that you will agree that your Chamber Membership is a sound business investment. We strive to bring you the best possible networking and business programs as well as a member benefits package for small business.
We are always open to our Chamber Members input. 330-929-6756. We thank you for your continued support!
Laura A. Petrella, CEO and The Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Who will email the information out to the Chamber Members?
The Chamber will email out the announcements once a month.
When will the email go out?
The email will be sent out the first week of the month.
What can I submit for Chamber Member Business Announcements?
The announcement information that you submit to the Chamber will only be accepted via email only and must be strictly related to your Chamber Member business in which you are a paid Member of the Chamber of Commerce. The “Business News Announcements” must be related to: a new service your business is offering, a special “Members Only” discount and offer, office furniture for sale, hiring a new employee for your business, new business ribbon cutting, business anniversary invitation, business open house announcement, new business address, office space for rent, celebrating a business anniversary, etc.
How much space can I have for a Chamber Member Business Announcement?
300 words or fewer of text only and one listing per Chamber Member business per month. The Chamber reserves the right to edit all submissions and use fewer or more words submitted.
What is the deadline to submit information?
The deadline to submit a Chamber Member Business Announcement is the 25th of the month by 12 noon and it will run in the next month’s email. Anything submitted after that date will run in the following month’s e-blast. You may also send an email with your announcement/news to the Chamber Membership by accessing the email database by logging in to the Chamber website with your user name/password. Please email the Chamber if you need help logging on.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Email your information in the actual email you send back to us OR attach your information in a MS WORD Document only. We must be able to copy and paste your text submitted. Phone, fax, text boxes, PDF or JPG submissions will not be accepted.
EMAIL here: email@example.com
Chamber Member Business Name____________________________Date___________
My Chamber Member Business Announcement of 300 words or less:
- All emailed submissions for the Chamber Member Business Announcements are subject to approval and may be edited.
- Chamber Dues must be current to submit.
- The Chamber is not liable for any misprints, typos or incorrect information submitted.
- If there are less than 5 submissions for the month an email will not be sent.