02 Jul 2019 Prism Project – Awakening Cuyahoga Falls Through Art
We are pleased to announce the 2019 The Prism Project: Awakening Cuyahoga Falls through Art. A project dedicated to taking art beyond the walls of museums. A variety of artwork from several local artists will have temporary homes within local Cuyahoga Falls businesses for residents and visitors to enjoy.
- This event is taking place July 1 – July 31 at various business locations listed below.
The idea for The Prism Project began at an “On the Table” event Western Reserve Hospital hosted in the fall of 2018, when community members expressed their desire for more inclusion and diversity. Collide then applied for and was selected to receive an Akron Community Foundation grant to help facilitate the project. “COLLIDE: Cuyahoga Falls is honored to have been selected as a recipient for Akron Community Foundation’s On the Table Community Impact Awards grants! This funding is allowing us to share unique works from a diverse group of artists,” said Kathy Romito, Community Relations Manager at Western Reserve Hospital.
- Thank you to Akron Community Foundation for helping make this project possible!
DIVERSE ARTISTS/16 LOCATIONS
LOCATION – ARTIST
- The Cuyahoga Falls Natatorium – Poems by Jupiter by Ace Epps
- Burntwood Tavern – The Light Within by LOLO
- SearchActions – Dragonfly Panel by Spohn Glass
- Jean + Lou – Mysticism by Anthony Meyo
- The Kitchen on Front Street – Untitled by Kwame Gomez
- Celia’s Boutique – Olde World by Todd Dierenger
- Harvest Yoga + Wellness Studio – Catalyst by Anika Ame
- Hope Soap Ohio – Eagle Feathers by April Couch
- Harps & Thistles – Tufted by Patch Atomz
- R E V E R I E – Pink Eye by Alexandria Couch
- Good Co. Salon & Spa – Glass Around My Heart by Ben Manista
- S&T Bank – Bee in Nature by Dray Evans
- Cuyahoga Falls Library – Shine by Jodi Crossley
- Craft Beer Bar – Oedipus Rex Reduced to Chitlins by Jasmine Berry
- Clean Eatz – Untitled by Nichole Epps
- HiHO Brewing – Anne by Shani Richards