22 Mar Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Information
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Every year the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Area Foundation, Inc. awards scholarships to Cuyahoga Falls and Silver Lake resident graduating high school seniors
- Scholarship applications are available at the high school guidance counselor’s offices after February. Students may attend any of the public and private schools in the area.
- Once completed applications are submitted, the Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee reviews them and calls the top applicants back to the Chamber of Commerce for a formal interview before the committee. Decisions are based on scholastic achievements and financial need.
- The Chamber of Commerce hosts a luncheon the Scholarship recipient’ honor every June – usually the 4th Wednesday of the month. The Scholarship recipients photo is then published in the Record Publishing/Falls News Press.
2012 DEADLINE and 2012 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS LUNCHEON
- The deadline for a Cuyahoga Falls/Silver Lake resident graduating senior to apply is
Thursday, March 29th – 5 pm to the Chamber Office.
- The Scholarship Luncheon will be held on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 @ Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls. The winners and their family will be invited to this luncheon in which the Scholarship Committee will present the 2012 Scholarships.
To encourage higher education and professional development by means of Chamber Scholarships.
The Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Program and the Night at the Races event are designated to financially support the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc.
The Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. Board can also designate other events and programs deemed fit to this cause.
Our hope is that our Scholarships will encourage the recipients to excel as future business leaders and participate in the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce and give back to the community.
The Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce began in the fall of 1926 by a group of businessmen and property owners. At the Annual Meeting of the Falls Civic Association, a committee of 15 was appointed for the purpose of organizing a Chamber of Commerce. The first Meeting was held at the City Hall on November 24, 1926, followed by a membership campaign in January 1927.
In 2005 the Chamber of Commerce recognized a need for a non-profit foundation that would serve the purpose of raising money to put back in the community by way of scholarships.