28 Aug Job Opening – Chamber Office Administrative Assistant/Customer Service Representative
POSITION IS FILLED.
We have a PART TIME job opening for our Administrative Assistant /Customer Service Representative at the Chamber Office. Hours: 9 am – 2 pm M-F. Please EMAIL resume to email@example.com No phone calls or visits at this time.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Front Desk /Customer Service Representative
Position would include (but not limited to):
- Answering the Chamber phone and emails – taking detailed messages, assisting all callers.
- Returning calls/emails. There is daily interaction with visitors/residents and small businesses via phone/in person.
- Greeting visitors as they enter the Chamber Lobby and assisting with needs and questions.
- Daily interaction with Chamber Members, residents, visitors, Chamber CEO, Financial Services Coordinator, Chamber Board Members, City Hall etc.
- Make retention calls to the Chamber Members and collection calls as well.
- Make large quantities of copies, stocking the Chamber brochure rack and assembling various packets.
- Assist in helping to coordinate all Chamber events – prepare for meetings and work event registration during business hours. May attend some events and meetings during business hours. (Take meeting minutes and type up, copies, phone calls, make coffee/clean coffee station/restroom/office.)
- Update Chamber website using WordPress – with updates and instructions given.
- Enter Chamber events in ChamberMaster – with updates and instructions given.
- Assemble Membership / Relocation /Tourist/ Demographics Packets
- Create invitations, programs and flyers in MS Word and MS Publisher.
- Must have excellent phone and customer service skills with an understanding of what it takes to be a concierge to the businesses.
- Professional business etiquette required.
- No personal cell phone usage at front desk. Must be done on break.
- High level of confidentiality. Confidentiality contract must be signed.
- Professional dress a must. Men – dress shirt/dress slacks/dress shoes. Women – blouses/slacks/skirts/dresses/dress shoes – no jeans/tennis shoes.
- This is a NON-SMOKING office and NON-SMOKING building.
Candidate must know/use all Microsoft Programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Publisher etc.)