10 Aug 2018 Board Member Nominations – Deadline September 29th
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
2018 Board of Directors NOMINATIONS
When the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce has vacant seat(s) on the Board because board terms are expiring they are filled with our Chamber Member candidates who have expressed interest and been nominated by fellow Chamber Members.
They must meet the following qualifications:
A Chamber of Commerce Board Member is one who:
- Has solid ethics, and a strong business/community involvement, and belief in the purpose of the Chamber.
- Attendance and Participation – we need you engaged in our board, committees, and venues! Is available to attend the monthly meeting (second Tuesday of each month at 4:30 p.m.) Is willing to chair a Chamber of Commerce planning committee.
- Representation and Positive Presence – we need leading ambassadors within our community! Social media and public comments made should reflect positively on the City of Cuyahoga Falls, the Chamber of Commerce and fellow Chamber Members.
- Strategic Planning & Implementation – we need big thinkers and forward moving business leaders!
- Recruitment and Retention – we need your help in growing and retaining our membership!
- Financial Resources – we need your support with Chamber events and resources in fundraising events! Must be in good standing financially with the Chamber per Chamber By-Laws. Article III, section 3.4.
- Confidentiality agreement – must be willing to sign and adhere to as a Board Member.
- All potential Board Members who are not the Company Owner, CEO or President must have approval from the Company Owner, CEO or President to submit a Board Interest Form and/or be nominated for a seat on the Board.
Chamber of Commerce By-Laws:
2018 Board Member Nomination FORM:
2018 Board Member Nomination Form
2018 NOMINATION DEADLINE:
September 29, 2017 – 12 Noon – Chamber Office
The 2018 Board Member slate with potential Board Member Candidates will be presented to the membership for a vote at the November 15, 2017 Luncheon Meeting at Silver Lake Country Club. Please plan to attend/register for this luncheon so we may announce you as a candidate.
*Verbal nominations will not be accepted. This form must be completely filled out and submitted.
_____I would like to nominate the following Chamber Member for the 2018 CFCC Board of Directors:
_____This is a self-nomination
_____I confirm that I have contacted this nominee and obtained their permission before submitting their name for nomination.
_____I confirm that this nominee has approval by the Company Owner, CEO or President to be nominated for a seat on the Board.
I/we have read the board position application, and accept the terms. Please consider my name/this person’s as a nominee to be placed on the ballot for a term to begin January 1, 2018.
1 – Nominee Name_______________________________________________Title___________________
Nominee Company Name _________________________________________________________________
Nominee Signature _________________________________________________Date_________________
2 – Your Name/Company_________________________________________________________________
Your Signature ____________________________________________________________Date____________
Please briefly list the reasons why you/this person would be a good candidate for the Board of Directors:
If elected, what will your /this persons commitment be and what benefit will that be to the Chamber of Commerce?
Please list any memberships in clubs, community or professional organizations, and seat in public office (former or present) that you/this person participates in.
- Please include any additional information, business resume or comments with this form.
- Please email business professional head shot: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Board Nominating Chair – Jim Stein, Minnesota Insured Title Agency. email@example.com
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
151 Portage Trail, Suite 1
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221
The Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce actively promotes a partnership of Business and Community succeeding together.
Business. Community. Growth. Est. 1926