16 May 2016 Chamber Scholarship Winners Selected – Congratulations!
The Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce 2016 Scholarship Committee has selected the recipients for the
Scholarship Recipient High School College Selection
1) Lauren Cea Archbishop Hoban The Ohio State University
2) Brooke Crawford Cuyahoga Falls The Ohio State University
3) Taylor Goodyear Woodridge Kent State University
4) Sarah Griffith Woodridge Miami University of Ohio
5) Kari McCormick Cuyahoga Falls Stark State College
6) Erika Nogengost Cuyahoga Falls Baldwin Wallace
7) Madison Oplinger Cuyahoga Falls Cleveland State University
8) Kellie Roy Cuyahoga Falls Kent State University
9) Alexander Strader Cuyahoga Falls The Ohio State University
10) Michael Weber Cuyahoga Falls Kent State University
2016 Scholarship Committee:
Aaron Barnhart, Westfield Bank – 2016 Scholarship Co-Chair
Bob Gruber,Wellness and Wealth By Choice – 2016 Scholarship Co-Chair
Brent VanFossen, Metropolis Popcorn – 2016 Scholarship Co-Chair
Tim Bullock, Union Home Mortgage
Billy Harding – Donatos Pizza
Beverly Martin, PAK Computers, Inc.
Molly Hartong, Molly Hartong Design
Kiran Khaitan, Kiran’s Kustom Jewelers
Jake Ricker, PNC Bank
Louise Sturmi, MTO Clean
2016 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS LUNCHEON:
- The 2016 Scholarship Recipients will be honored with their parents at the Wednesday, June 22, 2016 Chamber of Commerce Monthly Luncheon Meeting at the Sheraton Suites – Cuyahoga Falls. ($20 Members and $30 Non-Members – Reservations required.)
2016 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS/DEADLINE:
- Every year the Cuyahoga Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. awards scholarships to Cuyahoga Falls and Silver Lake resident graduating high school seniors.
- Scholarship applications are available at the high school guidance counselor’s offices /and on the Chamber website in February.
- Students may attend any of the public and private schools in the area.
- Once completed applications are submitted, the Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee reviews them and calls the top applicants back to the Chamber of Commerce for a formal interview before the committee. Decisions are based on scholastic achievements and financial need.
- The Chamber of Commerce hosts a luncheon in the Scholarship recipient’s honor every June.
- The Scholarship recipients photo is then published in the Record Publishing/Falls News Press.
- The deadline for a Cuyahoga Falls/Silver Lake resident graduating senior to apply was Thursday, March 28th – 5 pm to the Chamber Office.
The Cuyahoga Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc.
To encourage higher education and professional development by means of Chamber Scholarships.
The Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Program and the Night at the Races event are designated to financially support the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. The Cuyahoga Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. Board can also designate other events and programs deemed fit to this cause.
Our hope is that our Scholarships will encourage the recipients to excel as future business leaders and participate in the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce and give back to the community.
The Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce began in the fall of 1926 by a group of businessmen and property owners. At the Annual Meeting of the Falls Civic Association, a committee of 15 was appointed for the purpose of organizing a Chamber of Commerce. The first Meeting was held at the City Hall on November 24, 1926, followed by a membership campaign in January 1927.
In 2005 the Chamber of Commerce recognized a need for a non-profit foundation that would serve the purpose of raising money to put back in the community by way of scholarships.